Sushi-less

BLANKs (things that seem to have inexplicably never made it to Japan)

Random Events (things that made me go "WHAT?")

Fusses (self-explanatory)


Thursday 10 March 2011

BLANK Of The Day 5

English clues I was giving for something that was on the school lunch menu from this month.

"It's from France"
Answers...spaghetti, sliced bread, bibinba, yaki soba

"Chocolate Bread"
Only answer...choco bread...which isn't on the menu and never has been as far as I can remember. When I told them answer is what they call "cocoapan" cocoa bread, NONE of the students knew that cocoa had anything to do with chocolate...the bread is brown and tastes of chocolate and there is also a chocolate drink in Japan called cocoa.

I will defend Japan in saying that this BLANK could probably only happen in this particular BLANKy class.

No comments:

Post a Comment