Sushi-less

BLANKs (things that seem to have inexplicably never made it to Japan)

Random Events (things that made me go "WHAT?")

Fusses (self-explanatory)


Wednesday 13 April 2011

Fuss Of The Day 5

1st April is a time for change in Japan. It's the first day of the new school year, and a bunch of new teachers start at every school. It also means that you have about a week of meetings following the 1st April, in which opinions do the rounds, time slows down and fuss abounds (TV Burp Poetry Corrrrnerrrr - I love Harry Hill). One such fuss was a 15 (no exaggeration) minute discussion about where we dispose of our paper. Many teachers gave very long monologues about where they used to put it at their old school, generally pissing all over Ita-where's system and how rubbish it is. I thought for the whole time that they were complaining that Ita-where doesn't recycle its paper, which, as a school with a hell of a lot of waste paper, I also find slightly ridiculous, so I was listening intently to the many teachers giving their ten pence worths. Slightly confused by the final decision which was 'we'll put paper in a box in the room with the photocopier in,' I asked the nurse, who sits next to me, where they would actually start recycling it and was told that the entire 15 minutes hadn't been about recycling at all, but rather about a new seperate bin for paper, because there is so much paper that the bins might fill up a bit too quickly (??)...another quarter of an hour of my life wasted, thank you very much staff fuss meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment