Sushi-less

BLANKs (things that seem to have inexplicably never made it to Japan)

Random Events (things that made me go "WHAT?")

Fusses (self-explanatory)


Monday 2 May 2011

Random Event Of The Day 7

I went to a huge gay night this weekend at a club called Ageha in Tokyo. It's not always a gay club, in fact, the event, Shangri-La, only takes place about three or four times a year so it's a pretty big deal, and loads of people come. The normal gay scene in Japan, centred around Shinjuku's Ni-chome leaves a lot to be desired, so this was a refreshing night with various styles of music, dance performances, a pool, an outdoor eating area and a whole host of fit guys. Needless to say, nobody came on to me, but, following sod's law, on the way home, whilst waiting for a train about four stations from my own, hungover, bedraggled and half asleep on a bench, I apparently gave off some kind of irresistable charm to a mid-40s, Hulk Holgan stylee bleach blonde mulleted Japanese man, who stank of sick, booze and fags....lovely. He talked to me for 20 minutes at the station on my bench, and all the way back to my station on the train, announcing "kakkoi" (cool) at everything I said and trying many times (unsuccessfully I believe) to take my picture...WHY ME???

No comments:

Post a Comment