Sushi-less

BLANKs (things that seem to have inexplicably never made it to Japan)

Random Events (things that made me go "WHAT?")

Fusses (self-explanatory)


Wednesday 3 March 2010

Bless Little Kids...

Teaching at primary school is the most tiring thing in the world...especially as the foreigner, who has to accept being touched, groped, jumped on and sniffed as extra duties, but I LOVE IT! They are just soooo sweet. I have brought some British money with me to Japan from home and I was showing it to Year 1 on Monday (about 6 years old) and they were so excited! It was incredible! About six of them came to see me in the staff room after the lesson to look at it more closely and I got out some Yen for them to compare the weight (because Pounds are really heavy I've realised!) and they couldn't understand why I had Yen in my wallet...so I said, well, for my shopping here, I can't use pounds....and it turns out that most of them had thought that I lived in the UK! That's a mighty commute....like leaving for work about 24 hours before I've arrived home from the previous day mighty! We were also playing a shopping game in a Year 3 class last week, which involved doing "rock, scissors, paper" to determine whether you were allowed to buy something (Hence, saying "this one please") or whether you had to say "No, thank you", so that they could learn two responses. Rock, scissors and paper is used by Japanese children (and I include all of mine in that...up to 15 years old!!) to decide almost everything. Anyway, a kid asked the teacher if people in England really have to do rock, paper, scissors with the shop assistant before they can buy anything!! Haha!! You just can't buy comments like that! I love it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment